Recognition of an USB CD-Rom in FC3

casimiro barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:57:00 UTC 2005

Yeah,

It seems that the SCSI/USB drivers are not working 100% for a long
time. I have a similar problem with an old IOMEGA Predator CD-RW
driver. The current situation is funny: it won't record anything using
cdrecord (crashes after +/- 140MBytes) so it is necessary to use
cdrdao and speed 2 (so, if you really want to use it you must be
really zen).

My solution: migrate to an ATA DVD R/W driver... a kind of dirty
Microsoft solution... but I really don't have time to understant and
fix the drivers...

Regards,

Casimiro