Fedora Core 4

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Wed Jan 19 13:43:05 UTC 2005

> At this point smart doesn't have multilib support

Yes, it does. Anything not working is a bug which I'll fix, once
reported and consensus on correct behavior is obtained.

> (at least from reading of the code)

You've read the code, so you know it's easy to implement almost
anything, and that there are many other interesting aspects on
the software.

> so I'm not sure how useful that will be for a distro
> offering (soon, I hope) two multilib archs: x86_64 and ppc64.

Tell me what kind of support you consider necessary for a
"distro offering" and I'll implement it.

You know I've been working hard to make everything work perfectly, and
that even though it's not yet completely polished due to its incipient
life, the project is in a quite advanced state, and have many
advantages over APT-RPM and others.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net