Fedora Core 4

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Jan 19 20:14:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:33:34 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> The policy package doesn't do any relabeling at the moment.  This will
> likely change though, because it does cause problems.  When that occurs,
> consideration will be given to preserving customized file contexts.

At some point (after we release 1.0) I'd like to add some basic SELinux
support to autopackage so as files are installed they are given some
better context than whatever the default is (bearing in mind autopackage
lets you install to any prefix so we can't rely on parent directory
propagation).

If we install some shared libs to say /opt/foobar/lib (or into $HOME) and
then label the lib directory as system_u:object_r:lib_t and the DSOs
inside as system_u:object_r:shlib_t is there some risk that the contexts
would be deleted?

Is there anything I can do to work with you guys on this?

thanks -mike