XDMCP Core 3

Jonathan Andrews jon at jonshouse.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 22:43:33 UTC 2005

Is XDMCP, remote X bust in core 3 ?

I've tried the gui configuration for tool gdm. The machine has no
firewall enabled - all I get the "gdm_child_action: Aborting display
jonspc:1" in the log ?

I've googled for this message and I get the same useless file over and
over again with no comments that help me.

Before somebody cries this is the wrong list, I disagree - if the GUI
tool in core3 (and soon core 4) pretends you can enabled XDMCP and
remote greeter then it should work, its getting a bit rarer - but it
ain't dead yet !

Thanks,

Jon