rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Jan 22 03:11:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:41:19 -0500, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Furthermore, these are really just leaving Fedora Core, but should still
> > be in Fedora Extras AFAIK.
>
> This is entirely unclear to anyone sitting outside the Red Hat
> fenceline.  I have no idea if the people who maintain something inside
> Core will continue to be required to maintain or volunteer to maintain
> the package as part of Extras. I fully expect some packages will have
> to change maintainers as part of moving to Extras.

I currently own 'gv', and I don't particularly want to maintain it outside
of Fedora Core.  Somebody who knows, likes, and uses gv would be a much
better person for the job, since I also own a bunch of other packages,
some quite large (openoffice.org).  If some other person was able to focus
their time on gv, I think that would be a win for users of the package.

This however is my opinion, and isn't necessarily indicative of how
changes to the gv package will play out.

Dan