further package removals/potential package removals

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Sat Jan 22 17:09:00 UTC 2005

Le samedi 22 janvier 2005 à 11:45 -0500, John Ellson a écrit :
> Féliciano Matias wrote:
>

> >Remove rpmdb.
> >move experimental gcc (gcc4 in FC3 for example) to Fedora Extra.
> >

> You're kidding, right?  Where is your smiley?
>
> I haven't used anything but gcc4 for the last six months.  It catches
> more bugs that gcc3.

I don't say gcc4 is a bad compiler.
I said that experimental stuff dedicated to developer should be in
Fedora Extra. There are more users than developers.

Jeremy Katz pointed out that gcc4 is already needed by some java stuff
in FC3.
So gcc4 is not only an experimental compiler (a "toy" for for some
developers ; thanks for improving GNU/Linux) and its right place is
Fedora Core (for FC3).