further package removals/potential package removals

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sat Jan 22 19:35:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 12:01 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:

[snip]

> Possibly joe also ought to go to extras nowdays. It used to make sense to ship
> it in base because although it had a low userbase it was the best editor on
> the planet and also easy for new users. We have nano ans we have new users
> in X with gedit nowdays.

  I can deal with that.  I forgot about nano.  As long as there is one
alternative (and *small*) text editor besides vi (vim).  I like vim, but
was astonished by how utterly dependent I am on it when it was broken a
few days ago.  Then I remembered joe ... saved the day for me.  Nano can
serve that role, too.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator