further package removals/potential package removals

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jan 23 09:59:01 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 04:13 -0500, Gene C. wrote:

> With all of this discussion of moving packages from Core to Extras, I thought
> I better take another look at Extras (last time I looked, Extras for FC3 was
> empty).  So there is now an Extras for FC3 ... BUT where are the
> corresponding SRPMS??!!

The content in download.fedora.us is just a mirror primarily for the
benefit of apt users.  The pre-extras master site has the source RPMS,
see http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/3/, i386/srpms, and
x86_64/srpms.  No, I don't know why it was made this way, and I hope
it's a temporary arrangement that will change in the near future
(meaning both availability of the SRPMS in the fedora.us mirror as well
as moving the SRPMS into a dir where users expect to see them in the
master).

> Let me go further and say that if Fedora Extras is to be the "partner" of
> Fedora Core, then it should be on the same mirrors as Fedora Core.  I am not
> sure what a good structure should be but the Fedora directory tree should
> inlcude a Core branch and an Extras branch.

This is being worked on.