RFC: Soname in rpm name

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Jan 24 12:45:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:24:42 +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

> Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > C'est blanc bonnet et bonnet blanc :-)
>
> Agreed, we already do that. If it's considered "good", then could it be a
> packaging policy ?

Do what's necessary. If you no longer need the older libkexif, because
you would rebuild its dependencies against the newer libkexif, you
could simply upgrade and need not worry about moving the old one into
a package like likexif0. Also note that multiple -devel packages often
conflict (e.g. gpgme03-devel, gpgme-devel in pre-extras). Unless you
moved libraries _and headers into separate versioned sub-directories.