rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jan 24 21:38:38 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Gene C. <czar at czarc.net> said:
> I propose that a2ps and its associated psutils is orphaned ... there has been
> no activity by the originator/maintainer since 2000.  The associated mailing
> list has had little traffic other than spam in years.

What activity is needed for psutils?  I have been using psutils for
years; I was glad to see it added to RHL back whenever that was.  Just
because something hasn't changed in a while doesn't mean it should be
dropped; AFAIK there is no other utility that does what psutils does.

Just because something hasn't changed doesn't mean it should be dropped
or moved to Extras.

> HOWEVER,  I would also propose keeping it in Core since it serves a very
> useful basic function of pretty-printing many forms of source code files.

As for a2ps, we also have GNU enscript (which does more I believe), so
a2ps could move to Extras.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>