FC4 with localized firefox (wishlist)

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Jan 25 22:27:04 UTC 2005

man, 24.01.2005 kl. 20.42 skrev Josep Puigdemont:
> El dl 24 de 01 del 2005 a les 14:15 -0500, en/na Christopher Aillon va
> escriure:
> > Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Here it is my short wish list for FC4, if I may send one ;-)
> > > I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but I for one
> > > would like to see localized versions of Firefox for each installed
> > > language, by default.
> >
> > The version in rawhide does this already, at least for the languages
> > that Firefox have been translated into already.  I've just been sort of
> > swamped and haven't had time to backport to fc3 yet.
>
> great news, thanks a lot! I can hardly wait ;-)
>
> /Josep

Just installed it - here are my reactions:
- It seems a bit faster
- The gnomish'ed icons which i think are new, and noticed immediatly
without really knowing what i noticed, are pretty. Especially the
bookmark-icon!
- smooth scrolling is smooth!

But: It's still in english. While i personally don't have any problem
with it, the rest of my desktop are in norwegian.

Somehow the OSS crowd manages to make really nice translations. Usefull
ones. (anjuta being the baaad exeption that marks the rule)

Kyrre