rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Wed Jan 26 09:37:12 UTC 2005

Le mardi 25 janvier 2005 à 22:48 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III a écrit :

> Things may be different on CRTs; I haven't tried to use one in years.
> However, the mere suggestion that the possibility of using antialiased
> fonts in text applications should be avoided simply because you think
> bitmaps are sufficient is ludicrous.  You can still use bitmap fonts
> through fontconfig if you like, so you don't lose anything.

Anyway the whole argument doesn't stand because you have all the
tunables needed in fontconfig to fine-tune what kind of AA you want at
what sizes in a per-user and per-font basis.

 <match target="font">
         <test qual="any" name="size" compare="more">
                 <double>8</double>
         </test>
         <test qual="any" name="size" compare="less">
                 <double>14</double>
         </test>
         <edit name="antialias" mode="assign">
                 <bool>false</bool>