redhat abe

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Jan 27 12:06:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

> * perl sux equally as much as python ;-)

Maybe even more :)

> >the goals are very similar to mach, but mach uses apt which made it not
> >suitable as basis for the ABE
> >
> I suggested to mach developers quite some time ago that --aid was more than
> enough to populate an empty chroot from rpm packages. Thanks for the
> manifest
> proof that, indeed, --aid is sufficient.

If all you want to do is populate an empty chroot then it is.  For a
system like this you need more.  There's no good way to resolve
dependencies using only rpm.  And when you are trying to do more than
just "build against this known set of packages I have locally on my hard
disk" it's insufficient.

Thomas

when he died
all he left us was alone