grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Jan 29 20:52:39 UTC 2005

tir, 25.01.2005 kl. 21.14 skrev seth vidal:
> > Will and does are very different. IF it isn't there by FC4, FC4 should
> > include grip. However, I see all critical functionality, and most non-
> > critical, in RhythmBox. xmms uses gtk1 and doesn't seem to be needed;
> > should it be removed?
>
> Yes, it should.
> -sv

What about simple "play that .mp3, i want to know what's in it" kind of
use? I must admit that i still use XMMS for that - it just works. Having
a libary isn't always what you want. So i have xmms as my default player
for all audio files. When i want to listen to an album i ripped (etc), i
fire up rythmbox, import the files if neccessary, and play it.

And rythmbox STILL (as far as i know) dosn't support changing of tag
info...

Kyrre