repository creation

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Jan 31 06:08:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:33 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2005 11:12, seth vidal wrote:
> > The problem there would be making sure the repositories had local dep
> > closure.
>
> Downloading available repomd from source repos and crunching on a
> --justdb maybe using the async hdr stuff jbj was talking about.
> Something else missing?

Like I said - not technically hard - but taking the steps on the repo-
side to make sure the packages ended up in the right places after they
were built would be the only tricky part. And making sure you didn't end
up with 20 pkgs in every single repository.

you'd also have to make sure you have dep closure when multiple repos
are used.

and then, of course, keep them all in sync.

It's just an organization hurdle.

and of course anaconda would need A LOT of modification.

-sv