RFC: Soname in rpm name

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 31 11:18:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, January 31, 2005 5:54 am, Aurelien Bompard said:
> I think Jeff wants the garbage-collecting process to be initiated by the
> distribution, and not to depend on the user running a garbage collector by
> himself.

Your idea would work as would a couple other options.    It just seems
like the wrong time to worry about such a minor corner case that won't
really change the end-user experience.   If jeff or someone else wants to
worry about it now, there are ways they can proceed without needing to
interject the demand that it be solved by anyone else working on other
improvements to rpm.

Cheers,
Sean