RFC: Soname in rpm name

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 31 20:31:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, January 31, 2005 11:30 am, Jeff Spaleta said:

--
I don't think i've made a judgement as to whether or not this is a corner
case. What I care about is understanding why the current naming scheme was

I'm just a proponent of you coming to terms with the fact that your
instinct to become involved in every single thread just wasn't helpful or
insightful this time.   Perhaps there's a chance... however small... that
you might actually be .... gasp .... wrong.   Really, a viable option was
even presented in this thread to deal with your concern.   But if you have
no historical insight or judgement of your own on the matter, let someone
who does pipe in if they think its important, instead of sidetracking the
conversation into oblivion.   Not everything has to be explained to _you_
before proceeding.

TTN,
Sean