redhat abe

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jan 31 22:09:22 UTC 2005

rc040203 at freenet.de (Ralf Corsepius) writes:

> This renders "apt-get source" and "apt-get build-dep" non-applicable
> to fedora.us hosted apt-repositories and therefore voids at least
> these aspects where apt is superior to yum.

Although I love apt for its powerful configuration, I have to admit that
'apt-get build-dep' is not very usefully in the rpm-world:

* it detects only the requirements which were used to build the src.rpm,
  but not the deps which will be required

* extending functionality is a non-trivial task, as the dep-resolving
  should happen as non-root while the final package removal/installation
  must happen as root

Enrico