radical suggestion for fc4 release

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:44:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:37:29 -0500, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Oh, no.  *Bad* idea.  It's an attack on the symptom, not the problem.
>
> If changelogs are bloating the headers yum has to download, then
> strip them out when generating the yum headers.

they bloat the packages as well... which means they bloat the install
media and bloat the download times over the network.

I'm hard pressed to think of a real-world situation where 2 year old
package changelog notations in the packages are needed.  Shouldn't
access to the cvs server suffice for deep-diving into package
changelogs?

-jef