"vanilla" kernel closest to Fedora kernel

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sat Jan 1 00:01:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 22:38 +0100, Peter Backlund wrote:
> fre 2004-12-31 klockan 11:53 -0800 skrev Florin Andrei:
> >
> > So here's my question: what is the best way to configure a vanilla
> > kernel so that it is as close to the Fedora kernel as possible?
>
> Run the kernel src.rpm through the rpmbuild -bp stage, and try your
> patch. If it doesn't apply, comment out patches in the spec until it
> does. Also, you'll see what base kernel is used in the spec file.

Yeap, i thought about that, but the problem is that the developers of
the patch (driver) may ignore bug reports from people not using the
vanilla kernel. I know that the Fedora kernel is not too bastardized
(it's pretty close to vanilla, like Arjan said) but... <shrug>

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/