Fedora core 3 FC3 only supporting 4 serial ports Oversite or BUG

Nick Bargnesi nbargnesi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 06:22:46 UTC 2005

I would suggest a configuration issue, not a bug.  The kernel config
for 2.6.9 - 681 shows:

CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS=4
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_EXTENDED=y
CONFIG_SERIAL-8250_MULTIPORT=y

The default configuration between Red Hat 9 and Fedora Core 3 at the
kernel level has changed.  Your configuration is a bit different than
what is normally used in other words.