rpmbuild python bindings

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Jan 3 18:44:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Alan Milligan wrote:

> Do any python bindings exist for rpmbuild??

AFAIK there are no python wrappers for rpmbuild.

> Specifically, I'd like to be able to detect broken build dependencies
> and recursively build and install these as part of an automated
> python/Makefile script.

You can find the dependencies with the existing rpm python bindings by
doing a depcheck on a transactionset that includes the .src.rpm. The
package building is not hard to do from python just by running rpmbuild,
and installing them is done through the existing python rpm bindings.

Cheers,
-- Elliot