rpmbuild python bindings

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jan 3 19:36:07 UTC 2005

sopwith at redhat.com (Elliot Lee) writes:

>> Specifically, I'd like to be able to detect broken build dependencies
>> and recursively build and install these as part of an automated
>> python/Makefile script.
>
> You can find the dependencies with the existing rpm python bindings by
> doing a depcheck on a transactionset that includes the .src.rpm.

This will not work. With this method you determine the deps which were
used to generate the existing .src.rpm. But you want to know the deps
which will be needed to build the new packages.

E.g. the src.rpm from 'rpmbuild -bs ... --target=i386' with

| %ifarch %ix86
| BuildRequires: dietlibc
| %endif

will have other deps than the build for the x86_64 arch.

Enrico