some changes for (slightly) faster boot

Tue Jan 4 20:05:06 UTC 2005

Le mardi 04 janvier 2005 à 17:54 -0200, Alexandre Oliva a écrit :
> On Jan  4, 2005, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Realistically, the only sort of device that has a lot of site-local
> > configuration is a network card; for most other things you don't care.
>
> Hmm, let's see...
>
> - Printer: probably want to keep customizations such as default page
> size, paper tray, etc

resolution...

> - Mouse: emulate the middle button or not.

button order, acceleration...

> - Keyboard: what's the key layout

special keys...

> - Display: what depth, resolution to use

xinerama, tv-out...

> - Hard disks: where to mount

(or not)

> So what other kinds of devices whose local configurations didn't
> matter did you have in mind anyway?

- Sound: output to use (analog or spdif)
- Flash reader: where to mount, treat as ro or rw...

(and that's about all the devices I own. I'm pretty sure if I bought
another one I *would* find some user customization to save since I'm a
compulsive tweaker)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot