ssh X forwarding change in FC3

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jan 6 19:50:01 UTC 2005

See here for why:

http://docs.hp.com/en/T1471-90011/ch01s02.html#babifija

> So can we change the upstream default back to what it used to be?

I'd like that, this change essentially breaks X11 forwarding entirely ...
if you're connecting to a server where root is untrusted then you're at
risk without this change, but the flip side is how many people will
know/remember to use the magic -Y switch and how often do you forward X
connections from places where root is untrusted? Surely if root on the
remote box is a bad guy they could hijack X anyway by taking over whatever
app you're forwarding?