Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 7 17:55:37 UTC 2005

Dag Wieers wrote :

> BTW Matthias sneaked in some macros from RPMforge exactly the way I would
> like to too ! :) I thought I should mention it.

The reason is simple :
- Currently, it's up to each maintainer to decide about cosmetic aspects.
- The important and very clear point I have always made before adopting and
sharing these macros is that no special changes whatsoever (system, build
command line) should ever be needed to rebuild a package on the latest
available distribution.

So, even with macros, as we've always been careful, things "just build".
This is my expected behavior.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3
Load : 0.08 0.22 0.66