festival 1.95 anyone?

Stephen Pollei stephen_pollei at comcast.net
Fri Jan 7 21:03:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 09:44, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 10:53 -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > > FreeTTS and Sphinx4 are both Java, so they're out.
> > not necessarily if they can be made to work with gcj

> I've used FreeTTS with gcj.  This was with a home grown javax.sound
> implementation.  For now, however, it probably makes more sense to
> package tritonus (http://www.tritonus.org).
That sounds great. Now to test it all; you might hook freetts, sphinx4,
and eliza together;->
http://www.stanford.edu/group/SHR/4-2/text/dialogues.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

Note that with Sphinx4 I'd recommend that you keep the vocabulary below
1,000 words for live speech given the performance data given on their
site.
http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/sphinx4/#speed_and_accuracy

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html