ssh X forwarding change in FC3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Jan 8 14:57:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 01:45:39AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>   Panel -> Actions -> Log In to Remote Machine

ssh does not require Gnome.

> And the "trusted X" behavior should be turned on specifically for that
> feature since we know it works, but still not by default. Same idea as
> targeted SELinux policy.

I think the policy you need for -X is tricky to do without ssh and gnome
co-operation (or local patching as the realistic version). That is to have
the first security blocked operation stick up a dialogue for the user.

I don't see how that gets done with openssh base however