CVS kernel compiles

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 11 01:05:14 UTC 2005

OK, I finally got a RedHat developer to step outside the RedHat bubble
and try to do a 'make sources' from a fresh CVS checkout.  Amazingly
enough, he got the exact same error that I did.  Will wonders never
cease :p.

All sarcasm aside, Paul Nasrat said he poked some of the RH developers
about the 'download' target in the kernel/devel/ Makefile so hopefully
that will be cleared up soon (hint, hint).  Thank you, Paul.

Also, I manually removed the 'download' target from the TARGETS list in
that Makefile and did a 'make i686'.  After compiling all day I finally
am the proud owner of 4 RPMs.  I've yet to install them, but at least
the build system seems to work.  Even if it needs a little persuasion.
Now I understand what DaveJ means whenever he talks about the build
system :).

josh