Fedora Core 4

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sun Jan 16 16:33:49 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora-devel at camperquake.de> said:
> "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> > We did have root on our own boxes, though - so he installed slackware
> > and ran it through a chroot in RH7, and even had X working in the
> > chroot.
>
> This works as long as the kernels are similar enough. I doubt you could
> make FC2 work in a FC1 chroot, for example.

It probably does work, more or less.  On one system, I ran anaconda from
FC2 under FC1 to install to unused partitions.  I then mounted the
partitions, got everything configured, and rebooted to switch from FC1
to FC2.  Anaconda was a little cranky, spit out a few odd errors, and
misconfigured a couple of kernel modules (things that had changed), but
it worked.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>