Fedora Core 4

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 09:04:31 UTC 2005

> Hi
>
> .  However there are some parts of
> > OOo's Java code that rely on Sun-private interfaces -- these present a
> > dead end for GCJ, so we'll need to get them reimplemented (using public
> > APIs) upstream.
>
> is this going to happen before the final OO.o 2.0 release or are you
> planning to add patches?

I've the critical "required" bits of the 2.0 series working with gcj and
awaiting OOo qa for integration into the mainline, so the important
changes are likely to happen before the final 2.0 release unless there
is a QA problem. The bits that don't currently compile with gcj despite
those changes are listed at
http://tools.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=jdk&msgNo=127

C.