Fedora Core 4

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Wed Jan 19 14:00:35 UTC 2005

> It belongs in at least in Extras with ExclusiveArch: i386, ppc.  If
> upstream adds multilib capability later, then the arch support can be
> expanded.

Mutlilib is already supported *right now* on Smart. What is missing is
testing and fixing bug. There's also another major issue, which is
implementing the expected behavior. Personally, I have no contact with
multilib systems, and so I'm unable to tell what's the expected
behavior on such systems. I've asked many different people what they
expect to happen on their multilib system, but got no reasonable
answer so far.

Anyway, will be glad to implement ASAP whatever is decided to be the
correct way to handle multilib/coloring/biarch/however it's named.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net