goals for fc4?

Pete Chown 1 at 234.cx
Thu Jan 20 17:45:36 UTC 2005

Tom Tromey wrote:

> As a practical matter touching on Fedora, gcj remains the "best" way
> to deliver java applications on a free system.  In my opinion, other
> free VMs have unacceptable performance, unacceptable platform
> coverage, or both.

Have you tried ikvm?  Rhino runs with it successfully, so it must be
fairly complete.  I haven't tried anything more demanding, though.

One nice thing about ikvm is that it's a JIT (or rather, uses a JIT,
either Mono or .NET).  This means that in use, it is much more similar to
other Java implementations.

Pete