Is there a working swsusp for FC3 2.6.10?

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 21 06:28:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 01:15 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 07:01:31PM +1300, Jason Haar wrote:
> > Oh - that's news to me. I only know of swsusp.sf.net.
> > ...I guess that'd be why I wasn't any more specific ;-)
> > Care to point me at the forks?
>
> It was my understanding that they've actually been merged back together at
> this point.

Well, the in-tree implementations (swsusp and pmdisk) have been merged
as far as I have understood but I don't think that swsusp2 (which is
what can be found at swsusp.sf.net) is merged.

In any case, software suspend is not enabled in the Fedora kernels as
the Fedora kernel developers find it ugly and dangerous - at least that
was the last that was the understanding I got last time this was
discussed on this list.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University