rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 08:49:20 UTC 2005

Hi

> GNOME is the default desktop, so of course it shouldn't be removed.  I'm
> wary of moving KDE due to the political issues, but I wouldn't mind
> seeing all the other WMs and DEs moved (XFCE, for one).

political reasons are there for xfce and even for the argument of
including something like fluxbox in core. you need clear technical
arguments to retain packages in core. there are some hard decisions to
be made

fedora core has a defined goal of including only defaults and moving
the rest of the stuff to extras and alternatives.

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram