further package removals/potential package removals

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sat Jan 22 15:05:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 09:05:19AM +0800, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > Opinions?
>
> Yep, get rid of them. Can we also get rid / move to extras all the non
> GNOME 2 / GTK 2 apps so we can get rid of the remaining GNOME 1 / GTK
> 1 cruft as well?

This would be wonderful but... someone has to throw some manpower at porting
gnucash from Gnome1 in order for this to happen.  (This is being worked on
upstream but there is still much to be done.)

Links for porting status are here:
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashPortingStatus

There are other financial applications out there but I haven't looked into
whether any of these might be a suitable replacement or what the migration
cost might be.

-Toshio