rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Jan 22 16:56:25 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 02:21:34PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> so, lets have xfce, fluxbox and the rest of the gang inside core?. why
> call it fedora core anymore then. thats going the way of debian

I'm nowdays using XFCE a lot but I do believe its a logical candidate for
extras. I'm not so sure personally about KDE being an extras item. If someone
said "you have two CD-ROM images no more" then I'd consider KDE for extras
but not with four.

The politics is unfortunate because its not neccessarily about which is best
(current hypothesis: they serve different user needs so there is no more a
'best' than arguing about two very different cars - it depends what you use
it for and how you use it). Its about building an integrated consistent
environment.

Alan