further package removals/potential package removals

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Sun Jan 23 01:53:04 UTC 2005

On 22 Jan 2005, at 20:39, Peter Backlund wrote:

> This discussion is turning a bit absurd, imo. Just because a package is
> lifted out of Core doesn't mean it will vanish from the face of the
> earth. You can still install it from Extras if you need it.

I think what some people is discussing here is not the fact that some
packages will end up in Core or Extras repository: it's the fact that
Anaconda installer should allow to install packages from the Extras
repository easily and automatically, if told so, as it is able to
install packages from the Core repository.

Particularly, I don't mind if KDE, XFCE or whatever ends up in the
Extras repository, but I want to be able to install Fedora Core 4 and
install packages from both Core and Extras in a single pass, during the
installation process. Also, I do want packages in the Extras repository
to be maintained and be bound to the same QA process as Core packages.