further package removals/potential package removals

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Sun Jan 23 04:11:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 04:59 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 12:01 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > Possibly joe also ought to go to extras nowdays.
> Is there any wordstar compatible editor in Core?
>
> To me, seeing joe removed would be a severe regression. >15 years of
> using wordstar compatible editors can't simply be ignored.

So install it from Extras.  It's preclusion from Core will not cause a
retroactive obliteration of every copy of joe in the known world, nor
hinder you in the least from installing it whenever you want from
Extras.

Why is this not getting through to people?  Is "extras" a synonym for
"/dev/null" in half the world or something?  ;-)