RFC: Soname in rpm name

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 25 10:54:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 06:11:25PM +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 08:10, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > I only see added value at no real cost
>
> Quick reminder: if Bug 130352 isn't addressed, non of the above
> discussion is very useful:
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/130352

I agree that this bug needs to be fixed somehow, but in the case of
soname-in-rpmtag you don't run into the problem, as the libfooN
packages don't share any common provides, neither real nor virtual.

Otherwise I would have noticed, multiple libfooN packages have been in
ATrpms since ages now, not to think of Mandrake. :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net