Volunteers? was Re: further package removals/potential package removals

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:45:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:44:43 -0500 (EST), Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey, I really appreciate all the discussion about packages that could be
> removed. Is there someone who's willing to read through the thread and
> collecte all the proposed removals so we can examine move forward with
> them?

Read through the "further removals/potential package removals" thread
Here's the summary list of suggested removals/moves and the person who
made them.

Bill Notting:
   xloadimage
   nedit
   jed
Peter Robinson:
  Can we also get rid / move to extras all the non
  GNOME 2 / GTK 2 apps so we can get rid of the remaining GNOME 1 / GTK
  1 cruft as well?
Féliciano Matias:
    move to extras dosfstools
    move to extras Lynx (or elinks)
    move to extras lesstif and/or openmotif21
        leave openmotif which is used by:
                stardict, ddd, xpdf, nedit, iiimf-le-chinput
    move to extras xpdf
    move to extras ddd
    Remove rpmdb.
    move experimental gcc (gcc4 in FC3 for example) to Fedora Extra.
Alax Cox:
    Possibly joe into extras
Nicolas Mailhot :
    Even better : get rid of all the stuff that doesn't use fontconfig
    yet

-jef