2.6.10-1.737 smp kernel crashes SOLVED.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Jan 26 07:34:43 UTC 2005

I resolved this problem after downloading and installing kernel
2.6.10-1.753 and having it crash.

I think the problem was that I was running ndiswrapper-0.12 with a
kernel using a 4K stack.  I happened to notice the ndiswrapper warning
message scroll by when I built it for 2.6.10-1.753.  After it crashed
like all the other kernels, I downloaded its source and built it stock
without the 4K stack.  It has not crashed since.

It appears that ndiswrapper will crash kernels built with 4K stacks.
This means one must build a custom kernel every time there is a kernel
update.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.