Nvidia packaging in Fedora (Summary)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:05:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:55:28 -0600 (CST), Rex Dieter
<rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> > I heard X will be modularized for FC5 so all libraries will be split up
> > like that. Is that not the case?
>
> Where did you hear that?  So it's going to get even more complicated?

i've been hearing mharris wax eloquent about moving away from the
'monolithic' approach to modular pieces for X related libraries for a
while now. Catching him when he's actually using eloquent speech
however is a refined skill that takes much practice.  I'm pretty sure
modularization is on X.org's development roadmap moving foward.. but
i'm not sure its wise to give a timeline as to when its ready. I have
no idea what state the effort is in i dont keep up with xorg related
mailinglists.

-jef