repository creation

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Jan 31 07:36:53 UTC 2005

On 01/30/2005 11:10:14 PM, seth vidal wrote:

> so it's a net loss for users who for I'd be willing to wager >95% of
> the
> time do not EVER use debuginfo rpms.
>
> and for the 5% of the time they need them they can simply do:
>  yum --enablerepo=base-debug install foo-debuginfo

Wouldn't that result in a dependency issue on a yum update though?
IE foobar debug package would require a specific version of foobar, so
if they enabled base-debug just to get foobar-debug, then later an
update to foobar is released, wouldn't the foobar-debug package prevent
yum from updating foobar because of dependency - if base-debug was not
enabled?