syncing evolution w/ connector in rawhide (and others)

Edginton, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Edginton at ge.com
Mon Jan 31 16:11:29 UTC 2005

I think there needs to be some discussion about keeping, at least packages in the same general family, sync'd with each other in rawhide. I know this horse has been beating to near death but it certainly interferes with comprehensive testing and getting the feedback necessary to move fedora forward.

Case in point, evolution and evolution-data-server move forward to 2.1.4 in rawhide. Evolution-connector lags behind, because of it's dependencies on old libgal, libe*'s, etc.
So now in this test environment mail is completely useless.

Is there a way to encourage, or preferably enforce, keeping the wavefront coherent?

edge