No more right click terminal

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:27:12 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05, Toshio Kuratomi <toshio at tiki-lounge.com> wrote:
> My position is that a polite boiler can keep a lot of these sprawling,
> accusatory threads from spiralling so far.

I hope you are right...and i am wrong.

> But preventing it through
> fear of punishment is the point at which making fedora-devel a better
> environment for development starts conflicting with presenting fedora as
> an open community project.

Even open forums can have published acceptable conduct policies. There
is nothing inherently contradictory with have enforcable rules of
conduct and openness. Whether or not expected conduct should cover
what we are talking about is a judgement. Certaintly more grotesque
and disrespectful behavior can be moderated out without rational
people getting up in arms about it, thankful we don't have that sort
of problem.

> Contractually, I agree with you.  Perceptually I think it sends the
> message that Fedora is courting a community of yes-men.

There are several things I could say in response to this, but in an
effort to keep from spawnning yet another flamewar I will refrain from
showing the extent that I disagree with several unspoken assumptions
made in that sentence and just be your yes-man and agree with you...
without threat of moderation.

Make sure you choose your volunteer group of boilerplate wielding
volunteers carefully. I've seen people still get offended by the use
of boilerplate simply because of a grudge against the person who
posted the boilerplate.

-jef