List purpose (was Re: No more right click terminal)

Horst von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Sun Jul 17 00:32:22 UTC 2005

Daniel Roesen <dr at cluenet.de> wrote:

[...]

> I won't waste hours on writing a patch that gets just ignored.

Too bad for you that that is /exactly/ what fuels open source... many
people proposing patches, very few getting ever included is what gave you
the system you are currently enjoying.

Humm... just go out and find out what all what you get here would cost you
in propietary stuff. See you get it in exchange for exactly the kind of
work you are complaining about, check how many hours of "wasted patch
writing" you owe Fedora, and come back when you've paid up.

>                                                                I don't
> have this surplus time. My only chance to influence things is to bring
> up my arguments.

Ever heard the phrase "Code talks, bullshit walks"?

>                  All else gets decided by Red Hat or "upstream" anyway
> (and "upstream" can be overridden by Red Hat again if they like... if
> RED HAT likes, not the community).

And Red Hat can be overridden by the community, or just abandoned for
something else. Your point being?