Having a copy of .torrent in the /iso dir

david dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 6 00:14:04 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>On 7/5/05, Brian Gerst <bgerst at didntduck.org> wrote:
>

>>If people set up their own mirrors it's their bandwidth, their problem.
>>  Why do we care?
>>

>If those people end up being exactly the same admins who use to be
>official mirrors....
>Explain to me.. in very small words... from a mirror admin
>perspective... why exactly they should choose to stagger their
>release.. instead of just going rogue, grabbing a torrent and
>producing a mirror from that and forsaking 'official' status?
>
>You better make damn sure the official mirror admins are interested in
>staggering, before you suggest it as a policy. Because if there is one
>very good way of causing a worse mirroring bottleneck it is to have
>mirrors choose to drop out of the official list.
>
>-jef

Hey hold on here guys, I was _only_ suggesting that the .torrents be
made available in what seems to be a more convenient location.  Like
putting the low fat baked potato chips on the shelf next to the regular
chips, not back in the health food section.  For whatever reason many
will still grab the regular chips, but a few might grab the low fat version;
-dtf