new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jul 9 12:27:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 13:03 -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> > So glibc will have to be excluded from the update frenzy :)
>
> As I said, in a couple of days we'll hopefully have the gcc, binutils,
> glibc pieces in place to make the next big change in the build
> procedures and then you cannot do *any* update unless you get the new
> glibc.  The rpm infrastructure should catch those requirements but be
> warned.  We'll announce the build changes ahead of time as well.

Can we drop -fsigned-char on PPC at the same time?

Currently, it's massively inconsistent because some packages use
$RPM_OPT_FLAGS while others don't. If you build an executable from a C
file with just 'make testprog', you'll end up with different signedness
of 'char' from that which glibc was built with, etc.

--
dwmw2