nptl configuration

Jatin Nansi jnansi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:59:47 UTC 2005

on all recent fedora distros, /lib/libc.so.6 is the old linux threads
implementation - maintained for backward compatibility purposes.
/lib/tls/libc.so.6 is the nptl implementation. all applications using
posix threads will be linked to this version automatically, unless u
explicitly link to the former. you dont need to do anything special to
use nptl. to check use ldd on a FC binary using threads.